Terms & Conditions
In these terms: “We,” “us” or “our” means Blackthorn Fishery; and “You,” “your” or “the hirer” means the person or legal entity making the booking with us.
You agree to be legally bound by these terms when you make a booking with us. A contract between you and us comes into effect when we accept a reservation from you. We will accept a reservation once we have confirmed your reservation dates/chosen property are available and have received payment of the Booking Deposit from you.
We ask that you read these terms and conditions alongside the most up to date version of the document “Covid-19: Guidance for guests visiting Blackthorn Fishery” that can be found on our website at: http://blackthornfishery.co.uk/blackthorn-fishery-covid-19-update/
The Booking form is to be accompanied by a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the holiday. The balance must be paid at least 6 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. If your booking is placed with less than 6 weeks to the start date of your holiday, we will require payment in full.
- Anglers fish at Blackthorn Fishery at their own risk. The owners do not accept any liability for injury to anglers or their guests, or theft or damage to anglers’ property.
- Users of our private road and parking areas do so at their own risk. The management will not accept responsibility for damage, accident or loss.
- You must pay for any breakages, losses, or damage to the property before departure. Please take all reasonable and proper care of the property including furniture, fixtures and fittings and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the holiday. Particular attention must be given to the kitchen, ensuring that all equipment, appliances, and utensils are left clean and tidy. You are responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred. The cost of any damage or breakages must be paid to Blackthorn fishery or their representative.
- Blackthorn fishery or their representative shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during the holiday for any reason they may deem fit. You must permit the owners reasonable access to the property, to carry out any urgent maintenance.
- You must not sublet or share the property except with persons nominated when booking.
- All children, young people or other vulnerable people must be supervised at all times.
- Only anglers and visitors who have booked are allowed on the property. Unauthorised visitors will be asked to leave.
If you wish to cancel the booking you should advise Blackthorn Fishery immediately.
If we are informed of your cancellation prior to the 3 month period before arrival, we will refund the deposit paid in full minus a £25 administration fee.
If cancellation occurs between 3 months and 6 weeks prior to arrival, we will refund 50% of the deposit paid.
The final balance is required 6 weeks before your holiday, after which unfortunately no refunds are offered on cancellation. We may be able to rearrange your holiday depending on how much notice and the time of year, we will also endeavor to re-sell a cancelled holiday and refund as much as possible, but this is not guaranteed.
We strongly recommend that you take out the appropriate travel insurance when you book your stay, to cover you if you are unable to visit us. We do not offer any holiday insurance products, and these must be purchased independently.
WINTER BOOKINGS – LAKE FROZEN
If the lake is frozen we will endeavor to let you know before you arrive, but it is sensible to contact us before you set off if the weather has been particularly cold. If the lake is frozen during the period you have booked you have two options:
- You can choose to come to Blackthorn Fishery to enjoy a winter’s break away from home. But as you will be unable to fish, we will refund the price of the fishing (£30/day).
- If you choose to cancel, we will issue you with a full refund.
Short notice non-availability of Property by Blackthorn Fishery
If, for any reason beyond the Owner’s control (such as a major natural event such as flooding, storm or as a result of a major operational issue which cannot be fixed (e.g. loss of power, water, sewage) or a request from the EA; the owners may be forced to temporarily close at short notice, if the property is not available on the dates booked, all monies paid in advance will be refunded in full as follows:
- For guests already in residence who are asked to leave early, we will refund the cost of the remaining nights of your holiday on a pro-rata basis.
- For guests who have not arrived and must have their holiday cancelled by Blackthorn Fishery, we will contact you as soon as possible to advise you of this and discuss the possible options going forward. If you are happy for us to do so we will try to reschedule your booking for an alternative date. This is subject to availability and you may be required to pay additional costs if the new date you choose is charged at a higher rate. If it is not possible to reschedule your booking, or you do not want to reschedule it, we will provide you with a full refund.
You shall have no further claims against the Owner.
CARING FOR YOUR SAFETY
All visitors and guests visit Blackthorn Fishery strictly at their own risk. No liability for any accidents or injuries will be accepted.
Every reasonable effort has been made to indicate possible safety hazards in the property description. However, it is the hirer’s responsibility to inspect the property and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards.
Check the layout of your holiday property so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily.
Please read and respect any warning/hazard/restriction notices that the owners have placed in the property. Young and vulnerable people should be protected from all appliances, chemicals, and combustible materials at all times.
Please do not bring candles or electrical equipment that could cause a fire. Please familiarise yourself with the fire extinguisher and fire blanket provided. If in doubt, leave the building immediately and dial 999. The fire assembly point is in the car park adjacent to the entrance to the fishery.
Guests with physical and mental disabilities are welcome at Blackthorn Fishery. Given the proximity of our lodges to the waters edge, and the very physical aspect of catching and lifting heavy fish out of the water, we ask that any guests that may not be aware of the dangers, be accompanied at all times by a responsible, able-bodied adult, to ensure their safety. Please make us aware of any disabilities at the time of booking, so we can discuss any safety requirements.
The Hirer should pay particular attention to the working farm adjacent to the property and ensure that they or their guests do not trespass onto the farm without the prior permission of the farm owner.
- Bookings will only be taken from persons over 21 years of age.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted on site at Blackthorn. Babies not yet toddling are allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Smoking is expressly prohibited within the accommodation at Blackthorn.
- Fishery rules can be found on our website: http://blackthornfishery.co.uk/lake-rules-tcs/ Failure to comply with these rules can result in your party being asked to leave without refund.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
Blackthorn Lodges are available after 2pm (4pm during Covid-19 pandemic to allow for deep clean) on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
We, or our representatives, will leave the key in the property and give you time to settle in before welcoming you to Blackthorn Fishery.
We provide bed linen and the beds are fully made up and ready for your arrival. Towels are not provided during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint we are anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact the Owner or their representatives immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion with the Owner or their representative whilst you are in residence usually enables shortcomings to be rectified straight away. If you cannot make contact with the Owner or their representative or if the complaint is not rectified to your satisfaction please contact us at Blackthorn Fishery, Beech Corner, Trefonen, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 9EB within 7 days of your departure date. Alternatively, you can also contact us via Facebook messenger, or email Chalie@Blackthornfishery.co.uk.
Please help us to help you by following this procedure which is designed to effect the speediest possible investigation and rectification of complaints. We cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any related correspondence unless this procedure has been followed.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
As an established family run business, the owners work to provide you with quality accommodation, and to assist you with your holiday plans once you have arrived.
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the descriptions/photographs are accurate and all statements by the Owners are made in the honest belief that they are accurate at the time. However, all distances are approximate and facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the control of the owner for which we cannot accept responsibility.
We will notify you of any major amendments to the booking at the earliest possible opportunity thereafter.
All information is given in good faith but the Owners makes no warranties as to such information (or any part of it) as ongoing improvements may mean that the particulars become incorrect or incomplete.
Blackthorn Fishery are not liable to the Hirers or third parties for any loss or damage arising from breach of contract, negligence, mis-representation or otherwise.
Blackthorn Fishery reserve the right to implement Force Majore and therefore is not liable for circumstances caused by conditions beyond its control, including natural disasters, riots, strikes, acts of terrorism, sanitary disruption, civil unrest, war, restrictions by local authorities.
Confidentiality and privacy of the individual are very important to us. We do not share any data we collect with any other parties.
What information do we collect and how do we use it? Blackthorn Fishery gathers information from the completed booking form. We keep a copy of all correspondence between ourselves, solely for the purpose of enabling our primary business activities.
Please note that your personal information may also be used by us to occasionally to notify you about any new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please write to us or let us know during your holiday.