How to find Blackthorn Fishery
Any Fishing and Viewing of the venue is strictly by appointment only. Please don’t turn up unannounced, there will be nobody to let you into the fishery, if the gates are open and you drive past the private property signs, there is even a chance you may get locked in by accident – apologies in advance, but you have been warned.
Post Code for your sat nav: SY10 9EB (If you have not arranged an appointment to view or fish you will arrive to locked gates!)
Click on the map below to take you to Google Maps so you can zoom in and out as you wish.
From Oswestry The easiest way to find us is from the Mile End Roundabout just outside Oswestry, we’re approximately 11 minutes drive.
From Wrexham (North Wales) follow the A5 south.
From Shrewsbury (East) follow the A5 west.
From Welshpool (Mid-Wales) follow the A483 north.
- At the Mile End Roundabout (junction of the A5 and A483 and home of Mile End Services) take the exit sign-posted ‘Oswestry’.
- Continue towards the town centre, taking a left turn just after a small hump-backed bridge next to a Lidl.
- Remain on this road, which will take you straight through a set of traffic lights, and then out of town for the 2.5 mile journey towards the village of Trefonen.
- Drive straight through Trefonen and you will start climbing a hill towards the village of Treflach.
- Just after leaving Trefonen, half way up the hill (just before the ‘Treflach’ sign) is a turning on the right- sign-posted ‘New Well Lane’. Turn here, and continue down this lane for about 0.5 a mile.
- After a straight section is a turning on the left sign-posted ‘Blackthorn Fishery’.Turn here, and continue along the lane through the farm yard, following the signs to the fishery car park.