Covid-19: Guidance for guests visiting Blackthorn Fishery
Updated 18 January 2022
We wanted to make you aware of some of the changes we have made and procedures we have put in place (as a result of our Covid-19 risk assessment) to keep both you and our staff safe during your stay with us.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you!
Charlie and the Blackthorn Team
Prior to your arrival
- If you feel unwell with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are asymptomatic but have been told to self-isolate via the NHS Track and Trace scheme, you must NOT travel to Blackthorn Fishery. Please let us know as soon as possible about your cancellation
- Bookings must be paid for in full via bank transfer
- Face coverings will not be provided, so please bring your own
- Please bring hand-sanitiser with you. Soap is provided in bathroom and kitchen areas, and we encourage good hand hygiene practice is followed
- Please be aware that to assists the NHS Test and Trace service, Blackthorn Fishery will keep temporary records of customers for 21 days to help contain clusters of outbreaks of covid-19
- In order to accommodate our new cleaning regimes, we have had to change our check-in time to 2pm. Please do not arrive earlier than this time.
- On arrival, please use hand sanitiser and spray the gate latch with sanitiser spray (provided) after use
- To avoid handing of keys, all lodges will be left unlocked for your arrival. The key can be found on the kitchen work surface
- As you have signed our terms and conditions prior to arrival, there is no need for a face-to-face check-in procedure
- All lodges will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival as per current government guidance, but we will not be offended if you would like to carry out any additional cleaning. Cleaning products can be found in the boiler cupboard (between bathroom and bedroom doors). Please ask if you require anything else to facilitate with this
During your stay
- Purchase of fishing bait must be via bank transfer
- We recommend you wash the packaging/bucket handles of bait once handed to you from our staff
- No visitors will be allowed on-site other than pre-booked guests
- Please only use the bathroom facilities in your own lodge
- If interacting with people outside of your booking party, please maintain social distancing of 2m.
- Nets, weigh-slings, unhooking mats and water buckets are provided for (mandatory) use. These will have been sanitised prior to your arrival
- For any fish caught of > 30lb in weight, please call the bailiff to help with your pictures. They will take photos with their own phone (not anglers’ cameras) and send them to you electronically. Please remember to maintain social distancing, which may be forgotten in these times of excitement!
- If you become unwell with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are asymptomatic but have been told to self-isolate via the NHS Track and Trace scheme, you must contact us immediately so we can facilitate your departure to return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance
- If you, or a member of your party is very unwell, please call for medical attention (via 111, 999, or a local GP surgery- details provided in your welcome pack)
- Please avoid any contact with other guests/members of staff
- Please place all bedding and towels in the laundry bags provided
- Please consider cleaning high contact surfaces prior to your departure
- In an effort to keep our cleaning and laundrette colleagues safe, we politely ask that you strip all beds of duvet covers, flat sheets and pillow cases and place them, with all your towels, inside the blue laundry bags provided (NOT inside-out please). Please place any heavily stained/soiled items on the top, so easily identified to be washed separately.