Covid-19: Guidance for guests visiting Blackthorn Fishery
27th June 2020
We are so happy to announce that we are open from Saturday 4th July 2020 following the government announcement of the easing of the lockdown restrictions.
We wanted to make you aware of some of the changes we have made and procedures we have put in place (as a result of our Covid-19 risk assessment) to keep both you and our staff safe during your stay with us. The guidance is changing all the time, and although this is based on current guidance, should things change in the future, we will amend this document and send you the most up to date version prior to your holiday.
Blackthorn has been fishing well over the past few weeks (while bivvy fishing was permitted). We had a new lake record of 43lb 14oz and more fish broke the 30lb barrier, so although disappointed we couldn’t open the lodges sooner, it’s exciting news all the same!
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you!
Charlie and the Blackthorn Team
Prior to your arrival
- If you feel unwell with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are asymptomatic but have been told to self-isolate via the NHS Track and Trace scheme, you must NOT travel to Blackthorn Fishery. Please let us know as soon as possible about your cancellation
- Due to the ongoing risk of Covid-19, to reduce the risk to our housekeeping staff, we will not be providing towels at the present time. When the coronavirus alert level falls, we will re-evaluate this decision.
- Face coverings will not be provided, so please bring your own if you wish to wear one
- Please bring hand-sanitiser with you. Soap is provided in bathroom and kitchen areas, and we encourage good hand hygiene practice is followed
- As per current government guidance, accommodation must not be shared by persons from more than two separate households.
- Please be aware that to assists the NHS Test and Trace service, Blackthorn Fishery will keep temporary records of customers for 21 days to help contain clusters of outbreaks of covid-19
- In order to accommodate our new cleaning regimes, we have had to change our check-in time to 4pm. Please do not arrive earlier than this time.
- On arrival, please use hand sanitiser and spray the gate latch with sanitiser spray (provided) after use
- To avoid handing of keys, all lodges will be left unlocked for your arrival. The key can be found on the kitchen work surface (already sanitised by our cleaning staff).
- As you have signed our terms and conditions prior to arrival, there is no need for a face-to-face check-in procedure. A member of our team will be available to point you in the right direction (socially distancing).
- All lodges will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival as per current government guidance, but we will not be offended if you would like to carry out any additional cleaning. Cleaning products can be found in the boiler cupboard (between bathroom and bedroom doors). Please ask if you require anything else to facilitate with this
During your stay
- Purchase of fishing bait must be via bank transfer
- We recommend you wipe the packaging/bucket handles of bait once handed to you from our staff
- No visitors will be allowed on-site other than pre-booked guests
- Please only use the toilet facilities in your own lodge, and not the toilet block next to the car park
- If interacting with people outside of your booking party (e.g. staff or guests from other lodges), please maintain social distancing of 2m.
- Nets, weigh-slings, unhooking mats and water buckets are provided for (mandatory) use. These will have been sanitised prior to your arrival
- For any fish caught over 30lb in weight, please call our baliff to help with your pictures. He will take photos with his own phone (not anglers’ cameras) and send them to you electronically. Please remember to maintain social distancing, which may be forgotten in these times of excitement!
- If you become unwell with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are asymptomatic but have been told to self-isolate via the NHS Track and Trace scheme, you must contact us immediately so we can facilitate your departure to return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance
- If you, or a member of your party is very unwell, please call for medical attention (via 111, 999, or a local GP surgery- details provided in your welcome pack)
- Please avoid any contact with other guests/members of staff
- Please place all bedding in the blue laundry bags provided and zip closed
- Please consider cleaning high contact surfaces prior to your departure
- In an effort to keep our cleaning and laundrette colleagues safe, we politely ask that you strip all beds of duvet covers, flat sheets and pillow cases and place them inside the blue laundry bags provided (NOT inside-out please). Please place any heavily stained/soiled items on the top, so they can be easily identified to be washed separately.
Thank you for your understanding